Skip to main content

Adult Swim's Yule Log (2022) aka The Fire Place

 Adult Swim's Yule Log (2022) aka The Fire Place

Casper Kelly directs Adult Swim's first live-action movie, horror film that clips along at a nice rate and still finds time to make social commentary on things like racism, sexism, and homophobia. 





Release date: 12/12/2022

Runtime: 1 hour 31 minutes

Director: Casper Kelly

Writer: Casper Kelly

Stars: Koleman Adams, Hannah Alline, Regina Ting Chen
Genres: Comedy, Horror

Streaming on: HBOMax




Well, I didn't expect this to be just a regular Yule log, but I definitely did not think I was about to watch a 90 minute feature!

Casper Kelly's The Fire Place is a great addition to holiday horror!



 

 

 0.9/1 Directing 
0.6/1 Cinematography
0.4/1 Visual design
1/1 Editing
0.3/1 Plot 
0.9/1 Writing
0.6/1 Acting
0.3/1 Soundtrack/Score/Sound
0.4/1 Originality
0.7/1 Rewatchability

Total : 6.1/10 Binge Bones 



 

The verdict: There are a lot of holiday horror movies to choose from, but this one is is probably going to end up at the top of a lot of lists.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruit (2022-)

 The Recruit (2022-) AIRS Friday s at  3:00 AM  on  Netflix PREMIERED December 16, 2022 RUNTIME 55 m TOTAL RUNTIME 7 h  20 m   (8 episodes) CREATOR Alexi Hawley COUNTRY United States LANGUAGE English STUDIOS Hypnotic ,  Entertainment One ,  P3 Media GENRES Drama ,  Crime A fledgling lawyer at the CIA that becomes enmeshed in dangerous international power politics when a former asset threatens to expose the nature of her long-term relationship with the agency unless they exonerate her of a serious crime. Streaming on Netflix I have only watched the first episode so far, so I obviously can't speak for the whole season. The truth is I want this to be Mindhunter. :( Oh well. I appreciate the sarcasm in the writing, but I'm not sure what this show is trying to do. Is this a Jack Ryan thing? I like cheese. Mmm... cheese. I'm totally getting some cheese after I post this. 0.2/1 Directing  0.5/1 Cinematography 0.6/1 Visual design 0.1/1 Editing 0...

One Missed Call (2004)

One Missed Call (2004) Takashi Miike directs this Japanese tech-horror in which people mysteriously start receiving voicemail messages from their future selves, foretelling their deaths.  Release date: 1/17/04 (Japan) Runtime: 1 hour 52 minutes Director: Takashi Miike Writers: Yasushi Akimoto (novel), Minako Daira (screenplay) Streaming on: YouTube, TubiTV, Cinemax I was working in a movie theater when this came out and I believe at the time I didn't know Takashi Miike yet. Unfortunately it wasn't at our theater very long, and I missed the opportunity to see it on the big screen.  0.5/1 Directing  0.4/1 Cinematography 0.5/1 Visual design 0.6/1 Editing 0.4/1 Plot  0.5/1 Writing 0.3/1 Acting 0.5/1 Soundtrack/Score/Sound 0.1/1 Originality 0.5/1 Rewatchability Total: 4.3/10 Binge Bones The verdict: Inconsistently effective, maybe only watch if you already love Takashi Miike or Japanese ghost horror.  

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022)

 Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022) RELEASED November 23, 2022   RUNTIME 2 h  19 m DIRECTOR Rian Johnson WRITER Rian Johnson COUNTRY United States LANGUAGE English STUDIO T-Street Productions GENRES Mystery ,  Comedy ,  Thriller World-famous detective Benoit Blanc heads to Greece to peel back the layers of a mystery surrounding a tech billionaire and his eclectic crew of friends. Starring: Daniel Craig, Edward Norton, Janelle Monáe, Kathryn Hahn, Leslie Odom Jr., Kate Hudson Streaming on Netflix I'm excited that this might turn into a series with a ton of movies because besides things like Bullet Train and straight up Agatha Christie remakes, mysteries really haven't been a genre that has been at the forefront of film in a very long time. I'm excited for its return. 0.9/1 Directing  0.9/1 Cinematography 0.9/1 Visual design 0.8/1 Editing 0.8/1 Plot  0.9/1 Writing 1/1 Acting 0.8/1 Soundtrack/Score/Sound 0.7/1 Originality 0.5/1 Rewatchabil...