Skip to main content

Upcoming Genres

 Welcome to Natural Horror Week! Watch along when you can! Reviews will be hyperlinked throughout the week whenever possible.


25-Oct


The Bay (2012) Cinemax

Black Water (2007) Hoopla


26-Oct


Snakes on a Plane (2006) Hulu

The Devil Bat (1940) Amazon


27-Oct


Frogs (1972) Amazon

Slugs (1988) Amazon


28-Oct


Willard (1971) Cinemax

Anaconda (1997) Netflix


29-Oct


Grizzly (1976) Hoopla

White God (2014) Kanopy


30-Oct


The Little Shop of Horrors (1960) Amazon

Long Weekend (1979) Criterion


31-Oct


Phenomena (1985) Amazon

Arachnophobia (1990) imdbTV


Upcoming Genre Weeks

11/1-11/7 Escape Films

11/8-11/14 Canuxploitation

11/15-11/21 Adventure Comedy

11/22-11/28 Family-Oriented Comedy

11/29-12/5 Workplace Comedy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruit (2022-)

 The Recruit (2022-) AIRS Friday s at  3:00 AM  on  Netflix PREMIERED December 16, 2022 RUNTIME 55 m TOTAL RUNTIME 7 h  20 m   (8 episodes) CREATOR Alexi Hawley COUNTRY United States LANGUAGE English STUDIOS Hypnotic ,  Entertainment One ,  P3 Media GENRES Drama ,  Crime A fledgling lawyer at the CIA that becomes enmeshed in dangerous international power politics when a former asset threatens to expose the nature of her long-term relationship with the agency unless they exonerate her of a serious crime. Streaming on Netflix I have only watched the first episode so far, so I obviously can't speak for the whole season. The truth is I want this to be Mindhunter. :( Oh well. I appreciate the sarcasm in the writing, but I'm not sure what this show is trying to do. Is this a Jack Ryan thing? I like cheese. Mmm... cheese. I'm totally getting some cheese after I post this. 0.2/1 Directing  0.5/1 Cinematography 0.6/1 Visual design 0.1/1 Editing 0...

One Missed Call (2004)

One Missed Call (2004) Takashi Miike directs this Japanese tech-horror in which people mysteriously start receiving voicemail messages from their future selves, foretelling their deaths.  Release date: 1/17/04 (Japan) Runtime: 1 hour 52 minutes Director: Takashi Miike Writers: Yasushi Akimoto (novel), Minako Daira (screenplay) Streaming on: YouTube, TubiTV, Cinemax I was working in a movie theater when this came out and I believe at the time I didn't know Takashi Miike yet. Unfortunately it wasn't at our theater very long, and I missed the opportunity to see it on the big screen.  0.5/1 Directing  0.4/1 Cinematography 0.5/1 Visual design 0.6/1 Editing 0.4/1 Plot  0.5/1 Writing 0.3/1 Acting 0.5/1 Soundtrack/Score/Sound 0.1/1 Originality 0.5/1 Rewatchability Total: 4.3/10 Binge Bones The verdict: Inconsistently effective, maybe only watch if you already love Takashi Miike or Japanese ghost horror.  

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022)

 Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022) RELEASED November 23, 2022   RUNTIME 2 h  19 m DIRECTOR Rian Johnson WRITER Rian Johnson COUNTRY United States LANGUAGE English STUDIO T-Street Productions GENRES Mystery ,  Comedy ,  Thriller World-famous detective Benoit Blanc heads to Greece to peel back the layers of a mystery surrounding a tech billionaire and his eclectic crew of friends. Starring: Daniel Craig, Edward Norton, Janelle Monáe, Kathryn Hahn, Leslie Odom Jr., Kate Hudson Streaming on Netflix I'm excited that this might turn into a series with a ton of movies because besides things like Bullet Train and straight up Agatha Christie remakes, mysteries really haven't been a genre that has been at the forefront of film in a very long time. I'm excited for its return. 0.9/1 Directing  0.9/1 Cinematography 0.9/1 Visual design 0.8/1 Editing 0.8/1 Plot  0.9/1 Writing 1/1 Acting 0.8/1 Soundtrack/Score/Sound 0.7/1 Originality 0.5/1 Rewatchabil...