Skip to main content

Fleishman is in Trouble (2022)

 Fleishman is in Trouble (2022)


If you're in the mood for an absorbing miniseries, Hulu has got you covered. Fleishman is in Trouble is based on Taffy Brodesser-Akner's novel of the same name and it honestly feels like if you could watch an audiobook, but like, in a good way.

Limited mini-series premiere: November 17, 2022
Runtime: 48 minute episodes

Stars: Jesse Eisenberg, Claire Danes, Lizzy Caplan
Country: USA   Language: English

Genre: Drama
Streaming on: Hulu



Jesse Eisenberg stars as Toby Fleishman, a recently divorced doctor who is reentering the dating scene when his ex-wife (Claire Danes) disappears, leaving him with their two kids. 


The cast and writing are strong in this mini-series, which has 5 episodes streaming so far on Hulu. Episode 6 drops on 12/14 at 9 PM. 





0.7/1 Directing

0.7/1 Cinematography

0.6/1 Visual design

0.8/1 Editing

0.8/1 Plot 

1/1 Dialogue

0.8/1 Acting

0.7/1 Soundtrack/Score/Sound

1/1 Originality

0.7/1 Rewatchability

Total: 7.8/10 Binge Bones



The verdict: You will never think about beef lo mein the same way again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recruit (2022-)

 The Recruit (2022-) AIRS Friday s at  3:00 AM  on  Netflix PREMIERED December 16, 2022 RUNTIME 55 m TOTAL RUNTIME 7 h  20 m   (8 episodes) CREATOR Alexi Hawley COUNTRY United States LANGUAGE English STUDIOS Hypnotic ,  Entertainment One ,  P3 Media GENRES Drama ,  Crime A fledgling lawyer at the CIA that becomes enmeshed in dangerous international power politics when a former asset threatens to expose the nature of her long-term relationship with the agency unless they exonerate her of a serious crime. Streaming on Netflix I have only watched the first episode so far, so I obviously can't speak for the whole season. The truth is I want this to be Mindhunter. :( Oh well. I appreciate the sarcasm in the writing, but I'm not sure what this show is trying to do. Is this a Jack Ryan thing? I like cheese. Mmm... cheese. I'm totally getting some cheese after I post this. 0.2/1 Directing  0.5/1 Cinematography 0.6/1 Visual design 0.1/1 Editing 0...

One Missed Call (2004)

One Missed Call (2004) Takashi Miike directs this Japanese tech-horror in which people mysteriously start receiving voicemail messages from their future selves, foretelling their deaths.  Release date: 1/17/04 (Japan) Runtime: 1 hour 52 minutes Director: Takashi Miike Writers: Yasushi Akimoto (novel), Minako Daira (screenplay) Streaming on: YouTube, TubiTV, Cinemax I was working in a movie theater when this came out and I believe at the time I didn't know Takashi Miike yet. Unfortunately it wasn't at our theater very long, and I missed the opportunity to see it on the big screen.  0.5/1 Directing  0.4/1 Cinematography 0.5/1 Visual design 0.6/1 Editing 0.4/1 Plot  0.5/1 Writing 0.3/1 Acting 0.5/1 Soundtrack/Score/Sound 0.1/1 Originality 0.5/1 Rewatchability Total: 4.3/10 Binge Bones The verdict: Inconsistently effective, maybe only watch if you already love Takashi Miike or Japanese ghost horror.  

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962) RELEASED October 31, 1962 RUNTIME 135 mins DIRECTOR Robert Aldrich  WRITERS Lukas Heller (screenplay), Robert Altman (dialogue), Henry Farrell (novel)  STARS Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Victor Buono COUNTRY United States LANGUAGE English  STUDIO Associates & Aldrich Company, The  GENRES Drama, Thriller, Horror Streaming on: Hoolpa, Criterion The plot: Two aging actresses live as recluses in an old Hollywood mansion. Basically what starts as Gypsy ends as Grey Gardens. Random observations: I want their mansion. I've heard people complain about the score being too melodramatic, but I found it unimposing. Apparently, Joan Crawford insisted on having Blanche's hair and nails perfect as well as her costumes pressed. Bette Davis argued that someone who had been a recluse for 20 years wouldn't have any of these traits and that Crawford had "made a mistake".  It's been a pretty minute since I had watched this film, but I ...